Time: 7:00 pm - 10:30 pm
Gabriel Croitoru and Liviu Prunaru The Duel of Violins
The 2014/14 season of the ‘Enescu Concerts’ Series resumes with an exceptional display of instrumental mastery. ViolinistsGabriel Croitoru and Liviu Prunaru bring their hugely successful ‘Duel of Violins: Stradivarius vs. Guarnieri’ to our 1 Belgrave Square stage. Accompanied by pianist Horia Mihail.
- 1. Gabriel Croitoru (the Guarnieri violin) and Horia Mihail (piano)
- Pablo de Sarasate – ‘Fiddler Songs‘
- Angheluş Dinicu – ‘The Lark‘
- 2. Liviu Prunaru (the Stradivarius violin) and Horia Mihail (piano)
- Henryk Wieniawski – ‘Polish Concerto No. 1 in D major‘
- Grigoraş Dinicu – ‘Hora staccato‘
- 3. Gabriel Croitoru and Liviu Prunaru (the Guarnieri & Stradivarius violins), with Horia Mihail (piano)
- Astor Piazzolla / Mariano Castro – ‘The Four Seasons of Buenos Aires‘
© ‘The Duel of Violins‘ is a production of Radio Romania Cultural and Accendo
An exceptional violinist, Gabriel Croitoru has conquered audiences in Romania and abroad with the mastery of his performances.
Currently a soloist with the Radio Romania Orchestra and Choir and the Philharmonic in Ploieşti, as well as a member of the ‘Transylvanian‘ Quartet of the Philharmonic in Cluj-Napoca, Gabriel Croitoru is involved in wide-ranging projects such as ‘The Duel of Violins‘ and ‘Enescu’s Violin in the Villages‘. He teaches at the National University of Music in Bucharest. Gabriel Croitoru plays a Guarneri del Gesù violin dating from 1731.
- When: 22 January, 7pm
- Where: Romanian Cultural Institute in London
- Admission is free, but places are limited. Please reserve your seat at